FREE PLACES FOR 2 YEAR OLD CHILDREN
You can access up to 15 hours free education for your two year old child from the term after their second birthday with us, should you meet any of the following criteria:-
- Claiming income support;
- Claiming income based job seekers allowance;
- Claiming income related employment and support allowance.
- Getting support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Claiming the guarantee element of Pension Credit;
- Claiming child tax credit run on (paid for 4 weeks after stop qualifying for WTC);
- Claiming universal credit;
- A child is classed as a looked after child for 1 day or more;
- Child has been adopted from care;
- Child is under a Special Guardianship Order
To secure your place for your two year old all you need to do is bring in proof of eligibility. This can be in the form of a Tax Credit letter, or a letter from the Job Centre or Department for Working Pensions confirming your entitlement to that benefit.
The two year old funding normally runs straight into the free education that all three and four year old children can claim.